Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winner!

Now that winners in the various categories have been officially announced, it can be told: I won! I entered a contest called "Get Caught Reading The Dinosaur Hunter" which author Homer Hickam and his wife, Linda, promoted on their Facebook pages. Since I've read most of Hickam's other books, Rocket Boy, Back to the Moon, I thought I would give his newest a try. It's great fun. Set in the badlands of Montana, it tells the story of a retired LA detective, Mike, who moves to Montana to work on a cattle ranch and fall in love with the ranch's owner, Jeanette. Along comes a paleontologist who wants access to the ranch to dig for dinosaur bones, and pretty soon, trouble ensues.

Once I'd finished the book, I thought I would enter the contest, and made a little photo-video. I had great fun making it. Thank goodness I saved my grown sons' toys.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is no wonder that you won - this is outstanding - beautiful video and excellent text. Thanks for sharing.
Pat L

Anne D said...

That is sooooo cool...while watching your video I couldn't help but to be entertained and it became obvious to me that apparently your niece (Aindrea)takes after YOU in the areas of Art AND Creative Writing/Imagination-- Love It !!!

Anne D.

Janet Oliver said...

Thanks, Pat L.! Give Aindrea my best, Anne!

Dot said...

See, you never know when you can use dinosaurs that have been hanging around the house for decades. They did a good job. I hope you paid them well. They look like they were having a blast after so many years of doing nothing.

Loved it! Bravo!

Lauren has a competitor lurking behind an easel.

Janet Oliver said...

Yay! You got the post up, Dot!